Nannies are responsible for all of the care surrounding your children. A nanny for your family is a partner involved with the development and care of your children. Nannies help your family to run smoothly and effectively, allowing you the time to concentrate on your other commitments.
Typical Work Schedule
A full-time live-out nanny usually works Monday through Friday, 4-5 days a week, 9-10 hours a day. Care Givers also fills a wide variety of permanent, part-time nanny schedules.
- Plan and provide age-appropriate activities
- Plan and accompany children on stimulating outings
- Supervise playtime with children's friends
- Transport children as needed
- Prepare meals and snacks for children
- Clean up after self and children
- Maintain children's play areas and room
- Children's laundry
Common Household Responsibilities
- Dusting & vacuuming of children's areas
- Keeping the kitchen clean
- Family errands, grocery shopping
Suggested Nanny Salaries:
|Full-time (40 hrs / wk)||$2600 - $3500 / mth||$2800 - $3000 / mth|
|Full-time (40+ hrs / wk)||$2800 - $3750 / mth||$2800 - $3300 / mth|
|Part-time||$18.00 - $25.00 / hr||$18.00 - $22.00 / hr|
Whether your nanny is hired on a full-time or part-time basis, the following benefits are anticipated:
- Written Employment Agreement
- Matching Social Security taxes and paid unemployment insurance
- Wages paid on a guaranteed salary basis
- Paid vacation, legal holidays, sick days
- Mileage reimbursement for use of nanny's car during work hours
Families typically pay $125.00 to $175.00 a month towards a full time nanny's insurance.
Additional benefits can help makes your job position even more appealing!
- Health Insurance for part-time employees
- Use of a family car during work hours
- More than 2 weeks vacation
- Travel opportunities
Permanent Nannies Menu
Why use a nanny agency to find quality in-home childcare instead of doing it yourself by using an online listing service?
Get the answer to this and many more childcare questions, click here!
What they say about us
...the applicants from Care Givers had a better understanding of their role and commitment to the job.